WooCommerce MailChimp version 1.2 is now available on the WordPress Plugin Repository which brings enhancements to provide even greater control over the opt-in settings to better support international laws. There were also a couple of changes to better support i18n (Internationalization) support and localization as well as a minor change to append interest groups to existing MailChimp subscribers. Below are the details on the changes included in version 1.2:
- Added new setting to control whether or not the opt-in checkbox is checked or unchecked by default
- Added new setting to control the placement of the opt-in checkbox on the checkout page (under billing info or order info)
- Added .pot file to support international translations
- Added wpml-config.xml file to support WPML translations for values stored in wp_options
- Change to MailChimp API subscribe call to append interest groups to existing subscribers
Please update your plugin today to take advantage of these features and stay tuned for the upcoming release of WooCommerce MailChimp Pro!